I've seen a lot of discussion here and elsewhere on the rights of the public to use waterways, i.e. fishing access through private property.
My question is: Does anyone know, or know somewhere I could find the laws on that in the state of Kentucky?
I was tipped off to, and scouted out this weekend, a pretty nice looking largish creek a few miles from the homestead that supposedly holds smallmouth and other local species. I can get through a large section of it without getting into private property, however, to go further upstream, I'll have to go by tiny industrial facility.
I'm just trying to find out what my legal rights are to enter the water in the public property area, then wade up by the facility.
There's a similar area closer to me, but to wade upstream a ways, I would have to wade through the creek, running through a residential area. In that case, if I really wanted to fish it, I'd just ask permission from the residents along the creek and I'd be fine, but I really don't want to go through the process on the industrial facility, especially considering it is never operating on the weekends, when I would be passing by it.
It might also be good for other beginning fly anglers to know the laws in their states, so if anyone wants to post what they know about other areas, that might not be a bad idea.