Thread: weird day on the stream.

Threaded View

Question weird day on the stream.

well, lets face it, not every day is a good day, on the water all though i did have fun. i have been fishing the same water for the past year. have caught a few trout. yesterday i got out to the stream at about 600 by the time i was on the water. no big hatches i could see a few bwo's here but seen a few swirls in the pool, so i tried on a bwo emerger. well after two hours of fishin and triing everything i had in my box. stones,princes,bwo's,hares ear, and pheasant tails, and i also tried some caddis and everything i dint have one bite but i had a giant (probably a nice brown) jump 35 feet away. i called it break time around 8 got some breakfast, and then my buddy met me out there around 9 30 ish. right off the bat i realize that there are midges, bwo's, caddis, and tons of baetis. i litterly threw my fly box at them. every fly i had. i was running 3 flies in one point about my strike indicator at one point in a pool. meanwhile my buddy wont switch up his stone fly nymph. at around 2 30 ish we took a break and re thought through everything. and he decided he was going to fish streamers. he only has one streamer, a muddler minnow i gave him, i of course forgot my streamer box. i decided i was going to go back to nymohing maybe run a huge dry on top with a little hymph on the bottom. i hit one pool he hits a pool that i have always thought was great and would hold fish but never caught one. well around 3 10 less then 5 minutes on the water i hear him say, deon i got one on, so i started booking down the stream, i was happy thinkin now they are going to start. it was a beautiful native brookie, about 10 or 11 inches. so now i have a name for the pool. that was all we caught except a few creek chubs. all that worked was a streamer we seen a few fish rise but man were there just tons of hatches. yet they werent biting the insects has this every happened to you guys?
    Last edited by deon; 04-18-2010 at 12:39 PM.