+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rack for my truck

Hybrid View

Default rack for my truck

Okay, just eliminated the accrossthebed tool box, put two wheel well ones at the back and two spare tire mounts in the front of the bed. I hate the ones under the truck! Am looking for a rack on the roof of the truck. Don't want to go with a headache rack if I can avoid it though I have a very good source to make me one if I end up going that way.. Cabela's sell's a universal fit turbo rack that straps on thru the cab. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this type of unit. I will be using an extend-a-bed rack on the back. I was wondering if the straps allow water, dust, etc. in since they go thru the cab?

Thank you in advance, Byron

PS I have found several sights online that sell this item but none have any reviews on it.
    Last edited by Byron Zuehlsdorff; 04-18-2010 at 04:54 AM.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Okay, forgot to add, it is for hauling my canoe and raft. It was late last night at work!
    Wyo-Blizzard

Well, looks as though no one has used this. Wed., day off, am going to run a ratchet strap around the cab and see what happens to the door molding when the doors are shut. Will report back on this, I believe I will not like what happens and will have my friend build me a headache rack after all.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Let us know how it goes.

At first I was picturing you putting the straps through the windows of the doors with the doors closed. And I was puzzled as to how you would get the doors open. Your way is probably better.
    Tim

I did an article on the plastic pipe rack that I use to hall my canoe. Would have to search the archives to find it.
    If you don't find it I will look for it, but the garden has to be worked today.

Rick

Had a pvc pipe rack 2 years ago and it worked pretty darn good until I was removing it in Oct in 20 degree weather and fumbled it. When it hit the groung, it shattered. Got the design from your post. Was thinking of looking at something like that last nite at work and may still go that way. We must think along the same track. Thanks Rick! I will still try the strap because I am curious to see what it does. BUT now it is time for some sleep, just got home after 14 hrs and need to rest a little.
    Wyo-Blizzard

+ Reply to Thread