Thread: Lake Tumblesom Refill Report...

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default Lake Tumblesom Refill Report...

The lake is full once more with water running over the spillway. There has been some runoff fill but the vast majority is from the springs that feed the lake.

There was, however, an interesting development. My thoughts are that there was ground heave due to freezing but there is not as much lake as there was before. Most of the south end of the lake bed is above water! It is not dry. It is a swamp, but it is above water and used to be navigable by canoe. I guess we will have to see what we have after runoff and thawing are complete.

There was some die-off, but I am not sure if this was due to the lowering of the lake or due to freeze-thaw this time of year. I saw a half dozen fish in places where there was no water a month ago. It still isn't what you want to see. The smallest I spotted was barely more than a minnow.

The otters are finding fish. Those are fish heads on the ice. The rest of the fish has been eaten.

Last of all is the semi fishable water I found just in front of the spillway. The lake bed drops off right where the edge of the ice is. I was thinking of trying a small woolly bugger right along the edge of the ice. Anyone have a better idea?

IF we get a little sun Saturday, the fishing picture could improve dramatically. It was warm enough to melt today, but over cast.
    Last edited by kbproctor; 04-17-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: To fix a picture link
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.