I got my computer back from the repair place yesterday. Last august it started having a problen keeping the battery charged. I bought another battery and another charger. Neither fixed the problem. Sometimes it would charge and other times it wouldn't.
I remembered purchasing a warranty when I bought it (on ebay) Dec. 07. I contacted Square Trade in March and next I knew there's a box delivered by UPS with instructions to send my computer for repair. I had to take my hard drive out and save all private info on another computer then erase it from the drive. I boxed it up and shipped it off. I expected to never see it again or receive an email telling me to send money... What I got was the mother board repaired/replaced and the computer sent back in about 10 days from the time I sent it. Also emails letting me know the status along the way.
In the interim I had to use my wife's laptop to browse FAOL. I can now post photos, give fishing reports and visit with my friends again. Hat's off to Square Trade. They are fair people. If I make other major electronic purchases on ebay I will use them again.