+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Boo

Blog Entries

Default My First Boo

While down in texas with buman and his family we built this wounderful 8'8" 5/6 wt 3ps useing guides stripped from rod that I'm planning to rebuild at a later date. the reel seat insert is Bamboo or another hardwood. that Bugman turned
    I still need to get the varnish for her but she casts like a dream.

Last edited by CharlaineC; 04-27-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Welcome to the addiction. If you are interested, I have a 6' - 6 weight that I built. I'd be willing to let it go for $150 shipped to 48. PM me if you'd like pictures.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Blog Entries

thanks but i have 2 more that i will be restoreing soon once i get the parts needed. but thank you for the offer.

Nice resto work CharlaineC. Interesting reel seat. What other boo rods will you be restoring i wonder?

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Blog Entries

thats not a resto job honestly bugman made the blank for me. and did the reelseat end showing me how to do it and he wraped the tip as well. i did the center and the ferrals.
    this is the set coming in to add to my collection. the un named one will have and extention added inorder to apply a reel seat and handle then be scraped cleaned meaured and re guided and wraped. the moneque (spelt wrong.) will be stripped clean re guided. the gri will be salvaged if i can the reel seat will be wire brush cleanded then pollished with jewlers rouge till nice and clean and shiny unless it un salvageable. the furalls need to be replaced on all. the one tip with the set will first be casted to try to remove the set with the help of bugman. if the set will not come out then it will be carefully heated and the set bent out of it. . both rods will have aggit strippers and tips i think and i havent decided on the wrapping colours as of yet.
    Last edited by CharlaineC; 04-15-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Nice looking boo! and so is the blue toenail polish!

Oh, ok...i took your wording the wrong way. Wow, i like the looks of that unnamed one. The Monty should turn out nice with the effort. I wonder how Bugman feels about just placing the guides 'under the curve' on the set tip.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaineC View Post
    thats not a resto job honestly bugman made the blank for me.
    Last edited by MontanaMoose; 04-17-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Love the blue toes!!

Blog Entries

the set will mostly come out with some casting of a 7wt through it a few times or heating it slightly from the research i have read.

the unnamed one will need and extention added to hold the grip and reelseat.

Not bad at all for a first Charlaine. If I may make a suggestion?......I know wraps can really be a pain to get packed tight on a hex shaped cane rod, but pick yourself up a burnishing tool for $1.95 like this one http://www.mudhole.com/Shop-Our-Cata...urnishing-Tool it makes it a lot easier to pack the wraps as well as smooth them out so there's no gaps between the thread. Makes life a lot easier on them hex shaped cane rods....which is sounds like your going to be doing more of soon so I think you would find it very handy to have.

BTW- You and my niece would get along great, because everytime she comes over her toe nails are always either bright blue or bright lime green lol
    Steve
    Last edited by Midwest Custom Fly Rods; 04-16-2010 at 06:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread