+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My First Boo

Hi Char, if you wade flyfish, you already know about 'calming' but if you don't, when and if you do, you'll know how it feels when you pause and look at your surroundings, taking a minute to soak it all in and then you'll also know what i mean when i say to my friends that i don't care if i go fishless.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Blog Entries

MM i know exactly how you feel and what you mean. learned that in ark

Cool Char...now that i try to remember where i first learned it, i'd have to say The Trinity River...how 'bout that ! Hope i'm not pirating your boo thread.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaineC View Post
    the set will mostly come out with some casting of a 7wt through it a few times or heating it slightly from the research i have read.

the unnamed one will need and extention added to hold the grip and reelseat.
    Please excuse an old man's confusion.Are you saying the blank is newly planed or milled?The hardware for the reel seat appears to be of Horrocks Ibbotson manufacture? Just curious.Bob
    p.s. I am also totally confused as to why the quote above my post is showing?I did not use the quote/reply option??
    Last edited by bobbyg; 04-23-2010 at 11:36 PM.
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Blog Entries

bobby to witch rod are you talking the one your quote talks about is a rod i'll be restoreing. and it is aMontague as for the reel seat i have no clue who made it if you are right i thank you for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaineC View Post
    bobby to witch rod are you talking the one your quote talks about is a rod i'll be restoreing. and it is aMontague as for the reel seat i have no clue who made it if you are right i thank you for the information.
    I'm referring to the first rod in your post.
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Blog Entries

the first rid the reel seat came off an old broken Horrocks-Ibbotson rod bugman saved from the trash. he hand planed the the blank and toasted it i just wanted the center section to be fully toasted as i like the mixed look.
    Last edited by CharlaineC; 04-27-2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: supplied wrong information by mistake. still learning this stuff

Katy, Texas (Houston is our biggest suburb!)
    Blog Entries

With respect to the 'fuzzies', a word of caution about the cigarette lighter, use the base of the flame; not the tip! It is the tip of the flame that produces soot, and blackens the thread. The side of the flame at the base is the hottest part of the flame, and you can put it to within about 1/8 inch of the wraps without leaving soot on the wraps. If you have thread ends sticking out after you apply the first coat of finish to the wraps, put a piece of a double-edge razor blade in an X-Acto knife handle, hold the blade parallel to the wraps and adjacent to the now-rigid piece of thread and make a very rapid swipe of the blade across the thread and the pesky little thing is gone; leaving no evidence of it's existence behind.

A combo photo of the blue toenails and the pink fingernails should make for an interesting thread here.

Cheers!

Blog Entries

Cool

Hay everyone. I know i'm bumping this thread after a long time, but I'm happy to let everyone know I'm learned a lot working with Denny. Recently I striped the rod down and charted the taper. The rod is a Heddon #17 Black beauty 9' 5/6 wt. I'll be posting new pics as soon as i can. New seat, grip and guides Fully re-wrapped. I have a few rods that we are working on and will update as i go.

Thank you Denny

+ Reply to Thread