+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Materials

Hybrid View

Default Materials

Less than 24 hours ago I phoned an order for a high grade full pelt of Chinchilla and one the same grade of Muskrat.
    About 30 minutes ago I had my postal carrier drive up to my front door with my package from them.
    They are not a Sponsor but they do treat customers like we we think they all should.
    I am a very satisfied customer and just needed to share this with all of you. I was quite pleased with all the materials they have for sale over their web site. A true fly tiers toy shop. I felt the prices are very reasonable and they gave me outstanding service. http://www.hideandfur.com is where I found them.

Denny

Thanks for the link, Denny. I just ordered a couple of bird skins.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Denny

Hide and fur is really nice. I've ordered from there before and yes it is quick. Not affilitated just a customer

fatman

I ordered a Hungarian Partidge skin for like $12 or $12.50. Its REALLY NICE! excellent condition, and I love the colors of the feathers.

I also ordered a Golden Pheasant skin. It is OK, but I've seen better. The price was really good, so I'm not going to complain much. The feathers are definitely very useable. Just some of the colors seem a bit dull. Could be because the skin is rather dusty?

So, question....Do I need to add anything (borax, salt, whatever) to the ziploc bags to make sure the feathers/skins stay nice and so I don't have to worry about bugs so much?
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

+ Reply to Thread