+ Reply to Thread

Thread: which of this WF line is the reel end???

Default which of this WF line is the reel end???

Hi
    I purchased today two Scientific Anglers Ultra 4 freshwater lines cause they were on clearence price, $20 a piece. I came home and they lack that sticker for dummies (I am one of them)that says "this is the reel end". So... how can I find it? These are wf lines

------------------
    God Grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast
    I most humbly pray, When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep,That in His mercy I be judged, As big enough to keep.

On WF there is a large section of the line that will be thicker, then small again towards the end, hense weight forward. Find the thicker section, then which ever end is longer and thinner is the end you want to attach to you backing. Just have a very large space to unravel all 90'.

------------------
    she who dies with the most toy's wins.

muscarul
    The weight forward (thicker) section is normaly about 30 feet back from the tip.

deleted

Thank you guys, you've been really helpful.
    The lines are brand new, so i guess the last post is the one to go.
    Again, thank you all

------------------
    God Grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast
    I most humbly pray, When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep,That in His mercy I be judged, As big enough to keep.

Hopefully it will be that easy. If the line starts to get tangled up while taking it off, could be trouble. I have delt with new lines (cortland mostly) that both ends are exposed and it takes getting into the spool before you really know. But we will hope for the easy way. Good luck,
    Fly Goddess

------------------

"If they are new lines, and you have not yet taken the lines off the spool, the end that is exposed gets attached to your backing."

What he said.

The fat end points at the fishy.

I would go ahead and check out the line as described rather than trust that the line is on the spool correctly. I bought a new SA Mastery Trout Series line last year to go with my new G. Loomis Streamdance rod. The first time I tried it out, I was really disappointed in the poor casting performance of the rod. After taking the rod back to the store for a refund, I discovered the line had been on the factory spool backward, and I had assumed it was on the way it was supposed to be. The "dummy" tag was missing on this line also. I had to go back to the store and repurchase my rod, which turns out to cast beautifully once I turned the line around.

Larry Compton

Thanks Canoeman1947, That is what I was trying to say. I spooled a lot of reels and with out the dummy tag or an obvious loop, at times it was hard, cause like I said, both tags were showing.

------------------

+ Reply to Thread