Hi, folks. I have a sweet cane blank that I want to turn into a rod. Betty is being ridiculously generous in her help and she and I reached a trade. She's going to do the wrapping and put the whole thing together for me. I've never built a rod yet. I was thinking that I'd turn the grip myself (I've got a good lathe and know how to do that part, have the rings, etc.) and also was thinking of making the reel seat insert. That's where you guys come in. I need recommendations for how to choose a reel seat skeleton.
The parameters:
Rod has nickel silver ferrules, guides will be silver snakes. It will be a 7 ft-ish, 5 wt-ish. The grip will be plain cork, with some burnt cork and maybe some red-stained or green-stained rings, too. Probably a reverse half wells sort of grip. So... if you had, say, $50-ish to spend on a reel seat with or without the insert, which one would you get?

I need to figure that out before I can make the insert, yes? I'd love some advice on how to figure out the dimensions for the reel seat insert.

I'm also thinking of a stripping guide with reddish or greenish agate. So please feel free to recommend one of those, too.

Thanks for any wisdom!