+ Reply to Thread

Thread: K.I.S. - Neil - April 12, 2010

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default K.I.S. - Neil - April 12, 2010

K.I.S.

Acronyms. We live in a world filled with acronyms. Acronyms are an easy way to shorten a long title into a short and easily recognizable line of letters. Rather than writing out Internal Revenue Service we use an acronym ? IRS. Tell me what adult person in the USA ? United States of America ? does not automatically recognize that acronym. K.I.S.S., an acronym that has been used in an attempt to remind people to keep things simple, also indicates that a person that fails to do so is somehow less than intelligent. I prefer to drop the derogatory last letter [stupid] and simply use the acronym K.I.S. ? Keep It Simple.

2 for 2 sir...Right on the money!
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

Default Keep It Simple Simon!

I believe in the K.I.S.S. principle. I refer to K.I.S.S.; as meaning "Keep It Simple Simon"!

I do not need something that is "New & Improved" when what I already own is good enough to catch fish. I do not use waders, because they do not stop me from getting wet, so I just carry a extra set of clothing, in preparation of the "Blessed Event" when it happens.

Things that I have bought and have not used in 3 or 4 years, I find them a new home. Somethings I do not sell, I give them away. Life is not about accumulating more "Stuff"! Life is about enjoying what you have, and understanding about "Needs", "Wants", and "Gets". I have learned in my 62 years, that less is more, and simplicity is best! I love the simplicity of the Spider Flies that catch fish with materials required are a hook, thread, hackle. They catch more fish then the 32 step fly patterns.

I have all I need to be a happy fly angler, with the tools and materials that I have. I only purchase thing that have either worn out and need replacement, or supplies that need to be replenished. I purchase books on fly fishing that I use as reference in my fly fishing and fly tying, and when I die they will be going to the Public Library for use by others. My fly rods will be given away, not sold, and the new owner will be given the condition that they must be fished, not hung on the wall.

Thank You for your article!

~Parnelli

+ Reply to Thread