+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wtb reel bag

Hybrid View

Default wtb reel bag

Im needing a reel bag for my gear and want to know if anyone has an extra taking up dust and space.
    Thank you,
    Travis

Just a comment on reel bags in general. I thought that I wanted one, had the wife buy me one for Christmas. It was a Fishpond reel case that holds 10 reels I think. Truth is when I take that thing with me fishing I feel very vulnerable. If someone stole that case they would get all of my reels in one fell swoop. Bluntly these days I keep the case at the house and am back to only traveling with two or three reels because I couldn't afford to replace 10 reels in my collection. I felt it was like keeping all your eggs in one basket. My personality type just didn't feel comfortable with that.

If you haven't thought about that, it's something to consider. Now having said that, I still don't want to sell it, but it's use is different than I first imagined.

Rick

Ditto what Clay said...i loaded my reel bag up yesterday to put in the car but wound up just putting the minimum spare spools in the gear bag and put the reel bag away. Too much to lose should someone break into the car while i'm miles away onstream or lake.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Cabala's has one ...very adequate...in the $20 range....can be a little buried on the website...

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Just a comment on reel bags in general. I thought that I wanted one, had the wife buy me one for Christmas. It was a Fishpond reel case that holds 10 reels I think. Truth is when I take that thing with me fishing I feel very vulnerable. If someone stole that case they would get all of my reels in one fell swoop. Bluntly these days I keep the case at the house and am back to only traveling with two or three reels because I couldn't afford to replace 10 reels in my collection. I felt it was like keeping all your eggs in one basket. My personality type just didn't feel comfortable with that.

If you haven't thought about that, it's something to consider. Now having said that, I still don't want to sell it, but it's use is different than I first imagined.

Rick
    Thanks for the post... I never thought of it like that...

+ Reply to Thread