Hi guys I had some quick questions. I am looking at getting a 10' 7wt rod for some fishing I am intending to do this year. At first I was all set on getting a Sage 10' 7wt XP. I found a new one for sale and was all set to grab it until......I stopped by my local Orvis shop on the way home from work yesterday to pick up a couple of things for my trip tomorrow. I got BSn' with the guy and he said that I should also check out the 10' 7wt Hydros. He also mentioned that there is an upcoming sale that if you buy a Hydros or a Helios you get a free battenkill large arbor reel of your choice.

Now this has thrown a curve ball in my decision making process. I heard the Hydros is basically the same rod as the Helios with cheaper equipment (i.e. reel seal, guides). I wanted to get a Helios, however I really don't want to drop 800 on a rod that I am not going to fish all of the time. For those of you that know me most of my fly fishing is done on my Sage 0wt rods. I only want the 7 for messing around with chrome and for when I fish still waters (such as Henry?s Lake etc.). This rod will most likely only be fished 10 or so times a year.

I really don't know much about the Hydros (other than what I have read on the Orvis site) and was wondering if anybody has experience with this rod. I also was curious how this rod compares with the Helios and the Sage XP. My last question is, if you were me which one would you get and why would you choose it over the other models?

Thank you