Thread: Connetquot State Park Flyfishing

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by joe cool View Post
    Not to be rude, but I hope nobody posts an answer. A private message would be ok, but posting the spots that have the"best fishing" on a public forum like this isn't a good idea in general. This forum get's plenty of traffic, and on top of that, the threads can show up in google, so the info posted can get seen by anyone searching the topic, which means fishing pressure in a good location can sky rocket from a single post and ruin it for the people who found it on their own. My suggestion is to try to fish some different beats, half the fun is exploring new places anyway to me.

Asking for advice on fishing in general is what this place is all about, but asking exactly where to fish is a bit too much in my opinion. But welcome to the board, there's ton's of info here and plenty of great people to answer questions and learn from.
    Joe Cool,

I see you are from Columbus, Ohio...As a fellow Buckeye, (I graduated from OSU MANY years ago), I also sent a PM which as yet has gone unanswered. I AM NOT looking for "THE BEST SPOTS"...just some helpful info. Connetquot was hit with a disease that closed the hatchery & consequently, the fishing has suffered. Last year when I was there, the fishing was negligible. All I am asking, is to know if the fishing has picked up, maybe NOT as prolific as it was prior to the closing of the hatchery but BETTER than it was last season. Only problem with exploring different sites is...@ Connetquot you pick an assigned spot & these spots are $20/4hr session. You cannot move from this assigned spot during that session. With upwards of 24 sites....@ $20/4hr, this CAN get expensive in a hurry. I should have done a better job of asking for help.....my bad...

By the way...Glad to be a member, looks like a GREAT site, glad I found it...

GO BUCKS..

Rich
    Last edited by Bamboo4me; 04-09-2010 at 09:23 PM.