Thread: Help Wanted: Suggestions for Rotator Cuff Pain-going on 5 day fishing trip

Threaded View

Default Help Wanted: Suggestions for Rotator Cuff Pain-going on 5 day fishing trip

Hello,
    Looking for help with rotator cuff pain. I have trouble with both shoulders at times. But I am ok. Strained the left one 3 days ago. Doing ok. Lifted batteries yesterday, not over my head of course. Just straight arms down carried some batteries around. No probs. This morning I cannot even wipe with my left hand. Apologize for the pain description but it is an accurate way to describe the level of pain. Now....what can I do to aid this situation as I go on the already paid for fishing trip? I don't think you exercise the shoulders when you are IN pain. And I do not like to take pain pills, and therefore do not have any. My question is:

How can/should I handle this shoulder for the next 8 days....and still get to fly fish? It is the left shoulder and I cast right handed....reel and control line left handed.

Any help or suggestions would be extremely appreciated. Hate to have a fly fishing trip on the famous San Juan..... ruined by bad luck with my shoulder. I don't get to go on many trips as it is. In fact, this the only one that is a real fishing trip....that I have ever gotten to do.

Jim
    Last edited by Gemrod; 04-08-2010 at 04:04 PM.