+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What New Pattern Has You Excited This Year?

Question What New Pattern Has You Excited This Year?

I'm just wondering if there is a new patern or patterns that our board members have learned about that really has them fired up to try this year? I'm always looking for new patterns and new tying challenges, so I thought I'd poll our group for new or old flies that excite them.

One that I have some interest in tying and fishing is the Hopper Juan tied by Juan Ramirez. You can find it and others at Juan's Blog at http://hopperjuan.blogspot.com/

Kelly.
    Last edited by kglissmeyer; 04-09-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

There're quite a few new ones here, in this menagerie:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sandy.Pi...dyPittendrigh#

I don't know if you're into streamers, but I've tied a few of these in different colors, and am excited to put them to work.
    http://hatchesmagazine.com/blogs/Hat...content=chubby
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Kglissmeyer

Great idea for a post. I am looking forward to following this one. If I don't see one I like I'm sure I will get some great ideas.
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

I've been diggin' on the chubby muffin for a month or so now. I'm also deep into KDM rats and ice wing minnows as well.

Steve

Not really new, but I'm very stoked about Kwans. I've started tying them for my first trip to the Keys, and can't wait for the opportunity to use them on bonefish.

Blog Entries

Great idea for thread. I'm always looking for "something".

I've like the looks of the "Jelly Bean" for some time. Finally put the stuff together to tie a few.

Been seeing a hatch or two the past few times out. Can't wait to see if they'll fish.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

I love stimulators, but have trouble getting the hair wing to my liking, so was pleased to find the "stillborn stimi" on another board, it has a straggly wing. Now if I could just get out and try them.

There are a handful of Catskill patterns that I have not tied in some time. I am going to fish a number of them this season.

I have tied up and been using John Scott's pine squirrel cheater (PSC) and have been having great success with it. I have caught trout, black perch, bass and bluegill on it. Today I used it and caught 9 trout that were close to 13" to 14". Also a largemouth bass and several black perch pushing 11". It worked well on floating fly line and sinking fly line. It is a very easy tie and I have tied it in brown, black, olive and gray. All have worked well for me. I believe it is a FOTW here on FAOL.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

+ Reply to Thread