Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the "THINGS WANTED" or "TRADE/BARTER" board. Guess I'll start here. If it should be in one of the others, moderators, please move as needed.

To make a long story short, I was attempting a quick repair (partially structural, partially cosmetic) to one of my wood-srtip rods I have built. In the process, I managed to damage the male portion of the ferrule beyond use. (Don't ask how I managed this. Let's just say it was mostly caused by impatience on my part.)

I am in need of the male portion of the ferrule. What I need is an inexpensive chrome plated male portion of a size 7.0 mm ferrule. The male portion of this ferrule would have in ID of approx. 6.3 mm and fit inside a female ferrule with an ID of 7.0 mm.

I am hoping someone has the male portion of a ferrule that they don't need lying around collecting dust. I could order a replacement but the shipping would be about 3 times the cost of the ferrule. I would be happy to pay someone for the male ferrule or, if you would prefer, I have some never been opened spools of guide wrapping thread that I would trade. The thread is all Gudebrod brand, size A, 100 yard spools. The colors of wrapping thread I have to trade are:

HT 9000 Gold metalic
HT 9001 Black metalic
001 Black nylon
206 Garnet nylon
335 Candy Apple red nylon
5274 Chestnut nylon
5896 Dark Green nylon

If you see see some thread you could use and have a male ferrule that you don't need let me know. I think a couple spools of thread for the male ferrule would be a good trade. Thanks.

Royce