+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MORE ABOUT YOUR CASTING - Ladyfisher - April 5, 2010

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default MORE ABOUT YOUR CASTING - Ladyfisher - April 5, 2010

MORE ABOUT YOUR CASTING

Last week I must have hit a tender spot when I wrote a column titled ?About your casting?. There were several nice comments on the Bulletin Board about it as well as many more suggestions for improving your casting. I?m going to include them in this column so they don?t get lost along with more ideas and comments from me.

Smile

Thanks for the article Ladyfisher!! I've said this before, but I'll make mention of it again, except for a couple of fly fishing trips with Jack and Warren I have had not proper instruction on casting. Except for 2 Doug Swisher videos, I've been on my own. Practicing casting has been a really great way for me to unwind and very relaxing for me. This week has been particularly stressful at work and I was really looking forward to just practicing, since I wasn't going to have time to get on the water. This time however I laid out a paper plate for a target, like your article suggested. After a few casts, and complete misses, I began to wonder if relaxing by practicing casting was now a thing of the past. And I have to admit I thought about throwing the plate away, and never mentioning this practice session to anyone. But after a while I hit the plate. A few more casts and I hit it again. Suddenly it was fun and relaxing again. The "fisherman" in me wants to tell you that I hit the plate every other time, but reality is it was more like 3 in 10. Now I'm not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, and it takes me a little while to catch on to things, but afterwards I realized that not only was this practice session relaxing, it was now going to make me a much better fly fisherman. For that I thank you Ladyfisher. I just really love this site and don't know what I'd do without FAOL.

hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

+ Reply to Thread