Thanks for the article Ladyfisher!! I've said this before, but I'll make mention of it again, except for a couple of fly fishing trips with Jack and Warren I have had not proper instruction on casting. Except for 2 Doug Swisher videos, I've been on my own. Practicing casting has been a really great way for me to unwind and very relaxing for me. This week has been particularly stressful at work and I was really looking forward to just practicing, since I wasn't going to have time to get on the water. This time however I laid out a paper plate for a target, like your article suggested. After a few casts, and complete misses, I began to wonder if relaxing by practicing casting was now a thing of the past. And I have to admit I thought about throwing the plate away, and never mentioning this practice session to anyone. But after a while I hit the plate. A few more casts and I hit it again. Suddenly it was fun and relaxing again. The "fisherman" in me wants to tell you that I hit the plate every other time, but reality is it was more like 3 in 10. Now I'm not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, and it takes me a little while to catch on to things, but afterwards I realized that not only was this practice session relaxing, it was now going to make me a much better fly fisherman. For that I thank you Ladyfisher. I just really love this site and don't know what I'd do without FAOL.

hNt