I saw the thread about a "corn" fly (or it may have been a mention in a thread that was not about "corn" flies) where the poster mentioned that he tied flies that looked similar to corn or was looking for a fly to simulate corn on a hook. Got me thinking. I have fished at a pond inside a county park. The park has a picnic area right alongside the pond that is offlimits to fishing. Kids and adults frequently toss bread in to feed the fish (my son and I included). I was wondering if anyone had ever fished in an area with a similar feeding situation and attempted to tie a "bread" fly to fool the fish and if that was successful. And also to see if there are any bread patterns available.

If I was going to try something like this, I would, just as a first time experiment, probably tie a corn fly but use white materials to simulate bread. Just wondering if there was anything more interesting, complex whatever available.

Note: This is meant to be a fun question to kick around, not that I am actually going to do this. I actually find it intersting to find out what else the fish (bluegill, crappie and bass mainly) feed on that they'll accept from me. Throwing bread at them from the picnic area works 100% of the time when my son and I are feeding them (not fishing them).

Paul