Jason is the editor of the books.

Having said that, Gary wanted another set of eyes to catch any minor typing errors. I have finished reading Fishing The Film. It starts with a few stories and then gets into the the unique qualities of the film and the fish's window. The book clearly describes how naturals and our flies intersect the world of the fish throughout this thin layer, and what properties of our flies are important. You can get this information from several sources but not in one place and not as well presented.

It is the best book I have read on the techniques used to fish this upper layer of the water. The section on mending and casting is outstanding. I have not read a better description of When to make mends, What mends to make, and How to make them. NO OTHER BOOK that I have read demystifies the when, how, and what of casting and mending into the film as well as Gary does in this book.

Since the book was not in final form, there were no illustrations yet; but if you have read Presentations, you can expect that level of clarity in the illustrations.

Presentations is currently out of print and commands premium prices for old copies. I strongly recommend Fishing The Film, and I think the first printing will sell out like Presentations. It is that good.

I just picked up the MS Word file for Reading The Water's several days ago and have just started on it.

I should mention that there will also be three books on casting within the series. I look at the series as an encyclopedia of fly fishing. Having read book 1 in the series, and just starting book 2, there are references in book 2 to sections in book 1 and forward to future yet unwritten books. So the books are holistic and interrelated. They are not meant to be individual stand alone books, but each as part of a system of knowledge about fly fishing and Gary's approach to the sport.