Guide Alan Brice is the other smiling party. The bow was caught on "Frenchman's Creek" in southwestern Alberta last August. The big boys and girls were slamming hoppers. Any and all kinds of hoppers. For hours.

I'd had trouble implementing Alan's advice until he lent me his flyrod. I'd learned how to cast mine and used all the bad habits that were required by that stick. He tied on a fly, said "put it there" and several hours of mixed frustration and jubilation were suddenly pinned to the jaw of a speeding silver bullet. The Temple Fork rod Al put into my hands gave me accuracy that was only spotty in my casting until then.

The rainbow rocketed to the end of the pool, and took me into the backing. It was the kind of fight wide eyed anglers often glow about.
Then the broad shouldered one sank like a rock in a drop off that had severed several of my flies already. We waited the fish out, while I worried that it would saw the line off on the edge of the sharp rocks. After a time, Alan finally had it in his hands for my hubby to photograph. It measured in at 26".

Thanks for asking.