In modern lingo I need to say MY BAD.
I fish southern waters, mostly Louisiana, Florida, Texas and Arkansas. When I travel to the Rockies I fish trout, not warm water species. When I used to fish Pennsylvania, it was trout also.
There is obviously a great difference in warm water fishing in northern waters I do not appreciate.
MY BAD
For example, we have a bluegill overpopulation problem in almost every lake or pond. Our bluegill spawn at least twice a year and are hurting the bass populations. In a recent article I probably should have limited my comments on fishing the spawn to southern latitudes.
We also do not have a lead split shot issue -- likely due to having few loons. Our significant duck and goose populations do not appear to suffer any of the same consequences as the loons so the "lead weights hurt birds" issue does not really appear here.
Our fish limits are significantly higher (our slot limits are more generous) and we do not have the single hook restrictions that control many northern waters.
Our waters are not usually crowded.
Carp are used to control weeds and are only accidentally game fish.

I'm sure the list of differences is much longer, but these came quickly to mind.
If my failure to distinguish northern waters from southern waters has hurt anyone's sensibilities.
MY BAD