Quote Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
On CDC flies, after I catch a fish I just put the fly in a small vial of 90% alcohol I carry in my vest & just shake it up too clean it. A few false casts & it's as good as new most of the time. If it still sinks I'll re- alcohol dip it & use some brand of desiccant & then fish it. I've collected those little dessicant packages you get with some purchased items & pulverized the beads, put them in a vial & when I want to dry a fly I put it in the vial & shake it up. As for the alboline I dont thin it. I keep it in a small squeeze bottle & when I want to use it I just squeeze some out on my fingers & rub it into the fly.. I forgot to mention that that $11.00 bottle of Alboline will last you & your friends a few seasons...
If you don't want to scavenge all those packets up, buy some Fresh Step crystal cat litter. Keep a good size baggie of the extra around. If you dunk your phone, drop it in the baggie. One of the best things to pull the moisture out. I don't know if it would work for a digital camera, but would be worth a try. Not that any of us have dunked our electronics while we were on the water.