+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rod value question for fiberglass

Hybrid View

Default Rod value question for fiberglass

I have a friend of mine who come up with some rods from an older gentleman this week and is wanting so information about value of rods. These are not going on here for sale these are just trying to get him an estimated value. They are in pristine condition. Were never fished or even had a line on them. All three are Fenwick Feralite rods. They have the older plaid rod socks and two has medal tubes and one has a plastic triangle tube. The model #"s are FF90 9ft 7/8wt line, FF80 8ft, and FF70 7ft 6wt line. These are the wine chocolate color as I call it. Any info would be very much appreciated.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

Normand Guest

the following board could probably help you

http://fiberglassflyrodders.yuku.com/

You might just want to toss a few flies on that 7 footer before you consider selling it....they are awesome examples of fiberglass rods.

The site Normand linked to is the way to go. I bought my 7'6" Fenwick from that site and found the people to be a great group in general and very knowledgable as to values....I would bet as a group they buy most of the good rods that come to market.

BTW, mine is a bit older than the Feralite and I paid $80.00 with a decal blemish and no tube or sock....found this to be a fair price after several months of researching just this rod....found pristine ones with tubes and socks going for $125-200....not much more than that but they went QUICK.

4. Default

The FF70 is the most desirable of the bunch. Somewhere around $80 sounds right to me, but the prices on ebay for Feralites have been going up for the past year, and they peak in Spring.

The FF80 would likely go for less. You might have trouble selling something as long and heavy as the FF90.

Dang, you got me interested. I have a Fenwick FF605. I actually just fished with it yesterday. I googled it, found one that sold on Ebay for $200 just a few days ago. Maybe I should lock mine up in a safe - that's way more than i paid for it new.

6. Default

The FF605 that sold 4 days earlier than that only went for $112.50. It didn't have a tube, though. There was an FF70 that went for $134, so maybe I underestimated the value.
    You can do an advanced search in ebay on completed listings to get an idea of what rods have been selling for recently.

Personally, I think the current prices are inflated. Feralites were very utilitarian rods that were produced in mass quantities. I collected several over the past 2 years and paid between $30 and $80 for them.
    Last edited by bazakwardz; 04-05-2010 at 09:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread