+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Force Fin strap

Default Force Fin strap

Won't be long before the ice is breaking up here in Colorado. Can't wait to get into the float tube and drag some wooly buggers. Busted a strap on my Adjustable Force Fins last fall and need a replacement. Priced the new ones and of course they're outrageous (almost $50). Wondered if anyone out there had upgraded to the bungee straps and had the old snap type laying around to sell cheap. Been out of work since Xmas so times are tough.
    TL
    Last edited by TaylinLoop; 03-30-2010 at 09:31 PM.

TaylinLoop, you are mistaken about the price to buy replacement straps from Force Fin! A complete kit to replace both straps including all hardware is $19.95. You can get it by calling their toll free number: 800 346-7946

Is it the strap that goes across the instep? I found strap material and a buckle very cheaply, at a local store that sells backpacking and camping supples.

I'll just throw this tip in here since it is about fin straps.

For keeper straps for fins I suggest Dollar Store nylon dog colors with the snap couplings...inexpensive and handy to use....I believe 2 /$

flyfisherjoe,
    Thanks for the correct info on the replacement straps. I just got off the phone with Suzanne and ordered a set. $19.95 shipped! I swear the warranty guy quoted me almost $40 for the nylon and $50 for the bungees...........It may be that dam single malt messing with this old fly fisherman's memory again.

Your very welcome, TaylinLoop. Glad you got what you needed. While you can, as others mentioned, find ways to replace things I believe it's better to get it done with the right replacement and the price is not that much.

Hmmm ... a sip of some Glenfiddich sounds pretty good right now; I'll tip a glass to your success!

+ Reply to Thread