+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The unibobber

Default The unibobber

Have any of you guys tried these things? My local shop just started carrying them, They're basically a micro version of the thingamabobber indicators designed to be integrated into the fly itself. I couldn't resist buying a package to play with. The following pics are what I've come up with so far. I was wondering if you all might have some thoughts or ideas.

Any ideas? These are all pretty big patterns (the pheasant tail is a 10, the other two are 6's) so I may have to wait til the water warms a little here to let you know what the fish think of them.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Oh good grief!

That second one looks pretty neat, Tim! I'm guessing some poor bluegill or bass is gonna make that one pay.

The suspended version looks interesting with the clear bobber. I know a #16 Black Gnat wet on 6" of flourocarbon, tied to the bend of a #12 EHC is deadly. It's like they don't even see that EHC getting twitched and get tunnel vision on that Gnat:^)

Sorry Tim, this baby's too far out for me.
    What will they think of next?
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Okay I'd like to see the pictures but the reply from Lady Fisher is posted right over it!!

Fatman

Thats whats happening to most pics I try to view also ,the pics are split by a post

my first reaction...OMG! but then it'd be a way to not use hackle. pix are fine here in firefox.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

Cold Guest

I dont really understand all the Haterade being dumped on these things...its just another way of using another material. Betcha the people that scoff at this dont do the same to foam flies...or hi-vis zelon parachute posts...

PS. Google Chrome displays the pictures and posts just fine...as if there was ever any doubt.

Tiny blue-striped screens here.

But is this a fly with an inicator tied on top? If so, what's the point?

A couple of inches above the fly, put one of those stick-on foam indicators. An unweighted nymph will drift at the surface and you can use the indy to see the take.

Solution in search of a problem.

+ Reply to Thread