+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Polarised Glasses

Second the Natives. Dash XPs fit my narrow noggin, and the lenses are nice and wide, good coverage of the eyes for safety.

This thread comes up fairly regularly... Maui Jims and Action Optics are usually recommended the most, then the rest. I've got a pair of Action optics that I bought years ago as closeouts, and the problem with them is that they are too dark in low light situations (It's my own darn fault for not trying them on before buying them).

So, here's my order: I want a pair of cheapies (less than $50), polarized, glass, light amber in color, that I can wear on or off the stream (so the $10 glasses that look like fitovers, but aren't don't cut it).

Can my order be filled?

P.S. I used to wear glasses and decided to get contact lens last year. They've come a long way with contacts, you can get just about any lens now - mine are bifocal in one eye, and bifocal w/astigmatism in the other. It has been a liberating experience.

[This message has been edited by iso (edited 15 February 2006).]

I just went for an eye exam and new prescription glasses and sunglasses. For the sunglasses, I went with Maui Jim frames ($200 just for the frames!) and polarized lenses. They were the sturdiest frames I saw down there -- very impressive.

One thing the eye doctor recommeneded for fishermen that I thought I'd pass along -- for prescription polarized lenses, get the anti-reflective coating on the *inside* of the lenses -- otherwise, reflected light from your face and cheeks between your eyes and the lenses can eliminate any benefit from the polarization.

DANBOB

+ Reply to Thread