+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sales Forum use...

Hybrid View

Default Sales Forum use...

Does anyone but me 'check' the posters that list things for sale on the 'sales board'?

I know that the rules say 'no comercial use', but I get a lot of red flags waving when I check the poster's history and find that they have a limited number of posts and almost all of them are on the sales board.

Lots of folks running 'cottage' businesses selling on the 'net. Not surprising that they would find a site like this appealing.

I'm not even sure why it bothers me, but it does. Maybe it's kind of like how I feel about door to door sales. Seems like an intrusion.

Don't know if anything can be done, or even should be done. Just saying...

Buddy

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

Buddy;

When it comes to new posters, I usually do a little research on the individuals. BUYER BEWARE

Blog Entries

Buddy, for any situation there will be people who attempt to take advantage of the situation. I agree with your assessment of these people. My solution is I won't buy from them. if you feel that someone is really blatant you can flag the post and note why in your letter to the moderators. I have done this in the past.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Hi Buddy,

I have to agree with you on this one. I'm always a bit bothered by people who want to sell stuff on FAOL and have never sought our friendship before that time. It does seem like we have a door to door salesman barging into our Sunday dinner. Let me just demonstrate this new SuckerDeal Vacuum Cleaner while you and your family eat dinner. Actually I think of them more as telemarketers calling during my favorite TV show. My reaction is very much like yours. I find myself becoming mildly peeved but I'm not sure that we need to do anything about it. Anyone who sends either money or goods to an untested source gambles at their own risk. I would never buy or sell to anyone I didn't recognize as a genuine regular. I'm sure that others will disagree but remember it's your money. 8T

We Admins do check all of the "New Members" that appear to only join FAOL so they can sell items from 'cottage' businesses, or where ever.
    Some that I have checked (and do try to communicate with them) are for real guys like all of us. I have found some that respond with words that I will not put here on this thread. Needless to say they go quickly. I do not like the idea that anyone can hide behind a handle and verbally abuse anyone else.
    I for one really appreciate a heads up from our members. If I get 3 of these from members on one poster I really place the poster on my "Close Watch list"
    Please do contact us, it really helps.
    Thanks all Rest assured we are constantly trying to keep your site as we all want it. Friends & Family.
    If you buy anything from an unknown source, your problem. Sponsors are not accepted by FAOL by only paying. Many are refused by LF. They must prove to her their customer service is tops before actually becoming a Sponsor.
    Non Commercial is just what it says.

Denny

Western Portal Sequoia National Forest & the G.T.W., Kern River, CA.

Thumbs up

Agreed Buddy.

It's not cool to continually seek out potluck's and always show up empty handed.

With so many forums it's hard to believe that someone who's been registered for any length of time, couldn't find a topic to chime in on, at least once in a while.
    The only times I've ever had a problem with deals going bad, were with members who have far more post's to the classifieds than to the discussion forums. No personal investment, nothing to loose.

That's the way I see it.
    Best, Dave

Last edited by Dave E; 03-25-2010 at 08:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread