I posted a few things here, and i think iI should introduce myself.

Im 15 and im very new to fly fishing. I am experienced with spinning and casting gear. I fish mostly for carp, bass, stripers, blue gill, etc.

I dont live near any good fly fishing places. In fact i have yet to go to a swim and find that i can do anything other than a roll cast.(damn trees)

The reason I became interested in fly fishing is i heard about how my great grandfather was an avid fly angler. I saved up bought some gear, and hear I am.

Its hard to practice casting in my area. I sometimes get my line stuck on the power line(even without a hook). I have to decide whether I should cut the fly line(ouch!) or shut off the nighbor hood power if its light out i opt for the former.

Call me old fashined, but i fish mostly fish dry flies because of the excitement. (also becasue my pond is a murky bottomless pit of trash in which any fly would surely get lost on the bottom)

My impression of fly fishing so far is as follows:

I love casting. When casting is fun, that brings a whole new enjoyment into fishing. I have also noticed that to fishing with spinning gear, it doesnt neccesasrily take any experiece and may be a onetime affair. Fly fishing to me seems much deeper, and reuqiring more dedication and knowledge, but it looks like its worth it