+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's happening to my posts and new threads I start?

Hybrid View

Default What's happening to my posts and new threads I start?

Today I posted on the below thread, and now I see my post is not there? What happened to my post today on this thread?

"Intermediate fly line front end attachement"

THEN I started a new thread on how to remove a post or thread. I have received a notice in my email that "Normand" has posted a reply to my question.....click on the link.....to see the post......

I click on the link and it states invalid link, no thread selected

I go back to the board and my posted subject thread is no longer there. I cannot even get an answer to a question I have asked on a new thread I posted...because it apparently has been removed!

What's going on here?
    I wonder if THIS new thread will show up.....and how long it will stay there?

Jim

Ok...my post is here, 12:50p AZ time. Now wonder how long it will stay here?

Normand, great job. In my email notifying me there was a new post....to my thread that no longer exists....you message told me how to remove a post or thread. You are so right. The little triangle is indeed there. Just not where I was looking for it. I got the answer I asked about, although the thread is not there for anyone else to read. Unless I am somehow missing it. I guess I am going blind.

Thank you Normand.

Jim

?huh?
    Your 2 posts to the thread re attaching a fly line are there. I too am puzzled about your puzzlement.

This quote is last:
    "Thank You Duck.

I think I now remember him saying that, but had forgotten. I have a goal to fish the Salt on the PNW someday.

Thank you for bringing it up and kick starting my memory. It is useful to me to have the reinforcement on the knot's possible issues.

Thank you again Ducksterman.

Jim "

mcsteff

mcsteff
    That is a different thread. I can read those.
    I posted on the "other" thread about attaching an intermmediate fly line end. My post is NOT on that thread.

And as far as I know my thread I started today about how to remove a post/thread is also gone. At least I cannot find it.

???

mcsteff
    Check this out. I started a new thread today. Title of new thread approx..."How to remove a post or thread or to get admin to do so".

It was obviously there because Normand replied with the anwer. The only way I KNOW he replied is due to the following email I received. I did not learn the answer because of my thread I started.....as it is not there anymore. Why is it gone? Am I being singled out?

Anyway....here is the message I received via email.....so the new thread WAS there. But click on the link and see where it gets you.

Jim

Dear Gemrod,

Normand has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - How to remove a thread, or ask Admin to do so? - in the Fly Anglers Online forum of FAOL BB.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/s...o&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    click on the triangle icon in the gray bar at the bottom of your post. it will open a dialog box and in there you can ask a moderator to delete your post

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    FAOL BB

+ Reply to Thread