Well I have to say I really enjoy this Fishing Report forum and all the great reports put up here by you guys, so I figured I would try and participate. I hope I can keep it up to date.

I am lucky enough to work a half hour from a great Brown Trout river and have enough flexibility with my job that I can get to work early, take a two hour break a couple times a week and get a couple hours of fishing in. I have also gotten to know a couple stretches of this river like the back of my hand and have been able to gauge the best time of the day to take my breaks based on the weather forecasts and when the mid day hatch is going to come off.

Today when I left my office it was partly cloudy with a light breeze blowing and about 55 degrees. I arrived on the river and the wind was blowing between 15 and 20 mph and the rain was falling sideways and the temp had dropped significantly. So much for hitting it at the best time of day. With the hatch killed by the weather I tied on a streamer and made do.

Then suddenly the squall was over and the river was calm. I figured the baetis could be popping at any moment so I clipped off the streamer and started getting rigged up with a BWO pattern. Sure enough noses started showing and I spotted a consistent feeder along the near bank.

Twice I missed the fish as he slurped my fly. I gave him a little break after each flub and finally 15 minutes later he took it the third time, and this time the hook point found lip. Soon this guy was in the net:

As I released him another strong gust of wind along with some pelting rain drops blasted me in the face. I was glad I hit that 20 minute window between storms.

Just another [wet] day at the office.