+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for 3wt or smaller Will buy or trade for one

Default Looking for 3wt or smaller Will buy or trade for one

I am looking for a 3wt or smaller rod used but in good shape.

I am looking for something a little more flexible or slower than what I have now.

Looking for a rod in the Sage TXL class (000wt to 3wt), Winston WT series or something like the TFO Finesse series of rods. If you know of other rod brands with this type of action I'd be interested in hearing what they are as well.

I am interested in purchasing but also will consider trading either of the two following rods.

Orvis TLS Trident 8' 1wt (8.0 flex) rod. This rod seems very hard to find and it is a very nice one. I just would like something more flexible or however you'd say it. It will chunk a fly way on out there even with some wind. Throws larger/heavier flies than what is expected. I can throw flies a good bit further with it than I can my wife's 3wt St Croix Imperial rod. Willing to consider a trade with or without the Orvis Battenkill Large Arbor I reel (gold in color) with brand new, never touched the water 1wt Orvis Generation 3 WF fly line.

the other rod I'd consider trading is ....

Orvis TLS 9' 5wt (9.0 tip flex) rod. Also will consider trading this rod with or without its Orvis Battenkill Large Arbor II reel (gold in color) that is loaded with WF-5 line.

I'm new to the board so if you guys/gals can help me out with what I am looking for I'd sure appreciate it.

Forgot to add, both of these two setups are in good condition! I am the original owner of both of these. I might not know what I'm doing but I take really good care of all my sporting equipment. Don't like things toucking the ground, lol!

3. Default St. Croix UF762

I don't need more rods but I have a factory St. Croix Legend Ultra 7'6" 2wt. 2pc. in its original green cordura tube that is in extremely good condition. It has a moderate action and the power of it is more of a 1/2 than a 2/3. To be totally quantitative about it, the rod has Common Cents System measurements of ERN = 1.4 and AA = 62. Great little rod that I'll sell for $150 plus actual shipping. E-mail me if interested at

sdkxc88@wakeforestsports.com

Steve

P.S. I also have a custom Dan Craft Signature V 8'6" 3wt. 4pc. with a bag and PVC tube. This rod has CCS measurements of 2.3/63. Another excellent feature of this rod is that I have built and will include a second, shorter handle for the rod. If you use the short handle section, you can fish it as a 7'8" 4pc. This rod is in excellent condition. $175 plus actual shipping.
    Last edited by fishnbrew; 03-23-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Added another rod

4. Default

E-mail and PM sent

you have a PM...

Blog Entries

Dallee,

I have a Ross Essence FC 3 wt. 8'6" 3wt that I would trade for the Trident. Used 5-6 times but Excellent. Action is Med-fast which is what I think you are looking for. I do not need the reel. Let me know.

Dave
    Last edited by wizard; 03-25-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Guys I had to be gone a few days, sorry about just getting back with everyone. Umm, while gone my wife found and purchased a new Fly Rod/Reel in pink, lol so I'm gonna end up with a brand new St. Croix 3wt she has coming this way now. I'm gonna give it a try first. I do appreciate all the offers and I might hit some of you back if this doesn't work out.

+ Reply to Thread