What a trip! I had some flies waiting for me at the door of the Sow Bug Roundup courtesy of krauseb aka Bob, and I even caught a few fish with them. I got a lesson on hackle from Mr. Conrad himself. I got to hang out with my brother. I got my first casting lesson(I am a self taught"youtube" fly fisher and fly tyer. I got to sit down and watch Norm, the creator of the norvise blow my mind with his vise and bobbin, and I got to watch a bunch of excellent fly tyers tie some amazing flies. In addition to all of this the fishing was amazing, and along with catching more rainbow then I could count, I cought my largest Trout ever, which was about a 4-5 lb brown. Right before hooking up with the brown, I watched an American Eagle fly about 100' above me. I also had my first night fishing excursion, which was a blast.

This was also my first trip since tying flies, and with the exception of a few flies of Bobs that I used, all the fish were caught on flies I had tied. In fact the woolybugger I hooked up the big brown with had the hackle come untied right after landing the fish, apparently I had tied in a self destruct mechanism.

I met several FAOL people, and I agree we need a pin or a secret handshake to make spotting fellow posters easier.

Thanks to all involved in setting up the Sow Bug Roundup, it was fantastic!