+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That sucks!!!!

Hybrid View

Bass_Bug Guest

Default That sucks!!!!

I was using my Wizard (rotary tool) today with a grinding stone on a metal railing and I sheared something inside of it. The motor still runs but you can grab the stone and it will easily stop in your hand even with the motor whirring at full speed. Ever the optimist, I guess the good news is that it means a trip to Harbor Freight to replace it. It was at least 8 years old, so I cant complain too much I suppose.

BB, FWIW...
    I recently fried my old single speed Dremel...so bought this one http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=40457 at Harbor Freight and love it! Multi speeds, plenty o' attachments, etc. Git 'er dun!
    Whether you think you can, or think you cannot, you're probably right.
    --Author unknown

Bummer.....always seems like things break in the middle of something you really want to do. It never breaks when you're in the middle of fixing the dishwasher or some sort of thing.

Bass_Bug Guest

Actually NJ I was working fixing a metal handrail that was on the honey-do list. Wasn't a bad project, but I wasn't turn foam popper bodies either.now THAT would have really sucked!!!

PRM, Thats the one I was going to look at, the worst part is that model was on sale for $19 a month or so ago. Next on the list is another Wizard, just because I have a 24" flex shaft for the Wizard.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Rather than sorrow, I would view this as a chance to purchase a major up-grade with all the new whistles and bells. I'm still waiting for my leaf blower and my chainsaw to die for that very reason. 8T

8T,

Sugar....gas tank. Just sayin.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Have you opened it and check the soft link between the motor and the chuck head? If not you may wish to do so, my bet is its sheared in the middle. Ive replaced a couple of mine with about an inch of clear vinyl fuel line tubing about "3/8 from Ace hardware. Works like a champ, much cheaper than buying a new tool. Or jsut send it to me and I'll see to its ah ah..... its proper rest. Ya that's what it needs rest. lol
    Capt. Paul Darby Dont wait to be ask, get out and teach.

Bassbug,

The fedders are ready to ship tomorrow at lunch. Along with a helpful pattern. Here it is along with another of your creations

BassBug.jpg

Bass_Bug Guest

Never thought about opening it up, guess it's worth a shot. Might be able to salvage the motor for something else too.

NJ, you're killing me with the fly and bodkin on top of of a Spanish Cedar Honduran cigar box. At least I can rest assured the bodkin went to a go home.

Well.....in all honesty, the cigar box is one of 3 that I picked up at a yard sale. They're my thread & tool boxes. LOL. But I can say that they too, went to a good home:^)

+ Reply to Thread