+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FAOL and cabin fever.

Default FAOL and cabin fever.

I just needed to say that ever since I recently discovered this site, the amount of knowledge I have found here is unbelievable. Great Folks, too.
    What a wonderful way to pass the time (besides fly tying and daydreaming) while waiting for the floods to recede here in the East.
    My only regret is not discovering it a long time ago...
    Many Thanks to all who helped put this all together.
    For a real challenge, try ice fishing with dry flies.

Hmmmmm!! JimBob!! Aint that sort of a Redneck name? But you are from New Joisey!! Unless you happen to reside in the "Pine Barrens" and hob nob with the "Jersey Devil" it may be ok!! How many cars would you find if you mowed your yard??

You get cabin fever, this is the best place to get over it 'cause someone is already to get on your case!!

Cabin fever?? What is that? I get out at least two or more days every month, to feed the brother-in-laws' girl friends, all 30 of them. Just not any open water near them to fish, no fish in the stock tank or drainage pond, only crawdads. Such be life,,,,,,

OH!!! Forgot,, WELCOME TO FAOL!!
    Wyo-Blizzard

JimBob,

What part of Jersey? I used to live in Brown's Mills, right on the lake. That was waaaaaay back in the late 70's.

Welcome to FAOL.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Jimbob, welcome to the board! It's a good place to hang out. Wher'bouts in NJ? I'm in Haddon Heights. Not a native of Joisey....but married a Joisey girl. I'm working on her though.....the mountains will get her sooner or later

I know what you mean about cabin fever....but the streams will clear soon.....and the Gobblers are struttin! SO if I ain't fishing, at least I can be harvesting some tying materials soon!

I live in "southern" Warren County, in the Phillipsburg area. The Delaware & Musconetcong Rivers, Pohatcong Creek and some other creeks are all within a few minutes of home. Some PA streams (with lots of wild browns) are 10 minutes away. I am just down the hill from Merrill Creek Reservoir (all species of trout including lakers, and a great bass fishery for smallies & largemouths), and a nature preserve complete with bald eagles and other wildlife (as witnessed by the black bears, turkeys & deer which pass through my backyard). I grew up (?) in Central NJ (Somerset County) in the 60s & 70s. Although I work ~50 miles away (Morristown area), I still love it here, although now even this area is becoming a developer's dream come tru (many rooftops popping up all over the place).... Can't get away from it I guess......
    For a real challenge, try ice fishing with dry flies.

Arrow

A little piece of fishing heaven in New Jersey?
    Who would have thought.....
    nam

JimBob, welcome, welcome. It sounds as if you've already found out about the great folks here. Hang on, and enjoy the ride!

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Wait a minute!!! New guy brings the donuts!! Where are they???? <oh, please don't tell me you ate all the donuts before I got back!!!>

Welcome aboard, JimBob!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Sorry, Betty.... That's why some of us pack our own 'belly boat' around all the time.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

+ Reply to Thread