+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Role call ...........

Hybrid View

Default Role call ...........

Just curious as to how many salt anglers are here and their primary saltwater angling areas of preference. I see a bunch of posts from Fl, some from the west coast, and a few from the east coast.

I am a Mid Atlantic inshore and offshore fly angler mostly though my favorite fish is the Tarpon.

How about the rest of you?

I"ll fish for anything, but so far my only experience has been the Gulf Coast of Florida in the spring and summer when I'm lucky enough to get down there.

So far my favorite domestic spot is out of Venice, Florida. I've also fished Texas, Mexico, South Africa, and California.
    TT

St. Augustine area and very little success wade fishing and surf fishing. Would take any pointers offered.

The North Jersey beaches mostly Sandy Hook area and some on Island Beach State Park

wet
    Working Trout Bum

I fish here in Miami/Homestead in Biscayne Bay...I dont stray at all in salt...dont even go to the Keys which is about 1hr...never fished Flamingo which is about the same...I have love for all flats species especially huge ones...on the flats I know what pecking order I cast to so I would have to say PERMIT gets my vote but really like bull reds on lite tippet and also trophy bonefish

I fish the SoCal beaches, mostly Zuma (Malibu) Beach. I'm really new to fishing the suds and I haven't caught much but it is sure a challenging and fun game, I went last Sunday and saw two seals and a dolphin. I've seen people catching surf perch and corbinas. Not sure if you can catch leopard and sand Shovel Nose Guitarfish on the fly but I'm sure it's tons of fun.
    I believe I can fly fish

My favorite saltwater fishing has been for false albacore at Cape Lookout; taken a few trips to Florida, caught some fish and had fun, but the alberts will always be my #1 choice in the salt (unless I manage a trip to Baja some day!!).

Regards,
    Scott

I fish the RI and Mass. coast, mostly RI though with the fly. I find the challenge more fun than just throwing out a piece of wood in search of the elusive "ole pajamas". rel1

Striped Bass, Bluefish and Summer Flounder in the Long Island NY area.....with the north shore of LI being my favorite
    "Fly fishing is the most fun you can have standing up" Arnold Gingrich

+ Reply to Thread