The Rio Clouser line is a great line if you are going to be casting weighted flies but I don't believe it is available below 8wt. I have used the tropical version and found it to be fantastic for casting big flies.

The Rio Mainstream Saltwater line has a taper similar to the Clouser line, is about $25 less, and comes in a 7wt.

The Scientfic Anglers Mastery Headstart line is a great value, and though advertised as an ideal line for beginners, has characteristics that make it similar to some of the bass tapers for casting larger or heavier flies. Is utility as a bass line have been discussed in a number of online forums. Probably a better choice than the Rio if you are going to fish colder water.

Cortland has some new bass taper WF lines inthe 333 series but I have not tried one.

I also like the S.A. Bass Bug tapers but have only used them in the 10wt sizes, not the smaller ones.

Though I use some of the specialty lines on my 8,9, and 10wt rods, I just use a standard 7wt or 8wt WF line on my 6wt rods for bass since I already have some of these lines.

[This message has been edited by tailingloop (edited 06 February 2005).]