+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cataracts-one down, one to go!

Blog Entries

Good news Mike. I'll pray for both of those eyes. You do realize, don't you, that your excuse for drastically over-stating the size of yuor saltwater bluegills will be gone?

Ed

Great news Mike. This should be your theme song when you are through.

Trout don't speak Latin.

Thanks for all the great comments & prayers folks!
    For those expecting to have this done in the future, it is a cakewalk...absolutely painless!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Tuber,

Did you realize your eye was open while the surgery was going on. I felt a little stick of a needle, then waited for the surgery to begin. A bit later I heard the Doctor calling for sutures. I thought "Sutures, he hasn't even started yet."

It is a cakewalk for sure. Don't wait to long to look into the operation if you have cataracts.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Glad to hear that all went well.
    The invitation to come down and torment a few trout here in WV ts still open!

Great news on the eyes. I have Fuch's distrophy and now cateracts, as well. Had a cornea (DSEK) transplant in left eye last january with complications of haze in the graft. Now the cateract in that eye is causing vision problems. Vision in right eye is becoming cloudy in cornea due to Fuch's. Will probaly have Cateract surgery (both eyes) later this year and DSEK in right eye at same time.

nighthawk Guest

That is good news Mike! Glad all is working out for you. My dad might say that you are no longer "blind in one eye and can't see out of the other one".

Now when Mikey walks past one of us we won't be sure if he just doesn't recognize us with his new found vision ... or if he's thinking, "My gawd I didn't realize she's so UGLY! I hope she doesn't recognize me!!!".
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    Now when Mikey walks past one of us we won't be sure if he just doesn't recognize us with his new found vision ... or if he's thinking, "My gawd I didn't realize she's so UGLY! I hope she doesn't recognize me!!!".
    Betty darlin'....In my eyes, you'll ALWAYS be beautiful!
    Love ya,
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Mikey,

I am real happy to know all went well on the first eye and have all the faith that the other eye will go the same. Come down and see Jack and I soon my friend....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

+ Reply to Thread