+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cataracts-one down, one to go!

Hybrid View

Smile Cataracts-one down, one to go!

I had my followup of the first cataract surgery (right eye) today. Left eye gets done next Wednesday, 3/24. Doc said eye is healing nicely & it looks absolutely perfect. He expects me to need glasses for reading ONLY. YAHOO!
    I am pumped for fishing this year...I may even be able to see a small dry on the water...something that I wasn't able to do last year...even WITH glasses. Even though folks who had cataracts removed told me I would be delighted, I never realized the level of improvement until this right eye was done. If I close the left & look at anything white through my right eye, by golly, it is WHITE. When I close the right eye & look at that same white through the left eye, it has a hazy, greenish/yellow color to it. The difference is amazing. Nice to see true color again, including BLUE skies! I can't wait 'til both are done. Then, I'm goin' FISHING!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Yeah!!!
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Tuber,

Ain't it great. I only had a cataract on the left eye, so only had the one repaired. The color difference is amazing. Think about (in my case) a 63 year old lens as oppesed to a 7 year old lens. The color and brightness difference is just amazing. Before you go fishing, have a really good pair of polarized sunglasses and be sure you wear them ALL the time your on the water.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Eagle Elk View Post
    Tuber,

Ain't it great. I only had a cataract on the left eye, so only had the one repaired. The color difference is amazing. Think about (in my case) a 63 year old lens as oppesed to a 7 year old lens. The color and brightness difference is just amazing. Before you go fishing, have a really good pair of polarized sunglasses and be sure you wear them ALL the time your on the water.

REE
    Ron,
    You & I ABSOLUTELY agree on buying & using HIGH quality polarized sunglasses.
    I did a lot of research & have already decided on Maui Jim Ho'okapi sunglasses. I found out after I decided on them that my eye Doc carries & wears them too. He SWEARS by 'em! He did tell me to just buy a pair of "cheapy" polarized immediately after the second surgery & hold off on the good ones for a month (until the eyes are completely healed).
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Good Grief MIkey!! You got old quick!! Maybe now you'll be able to see well enough to drive down here for some Trout fishin'!! hehehehehe!!

Mike,
    Good for you! I hope that the other one goes as well.
    Exploring the waters of western Montana...

cool stuff mike. my wife had it done in nov. and i'll need it in the near future. i was poking around the net to research cataracts and found this, cataractfreeamerica.org. haven't contacted them so don't know where or how.

http://www.cataractfreeamerica.org/
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

+ Reply to Thread