+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PICKWICK LAKE, NW Alabama All the fish are dead!!!!!

Hybrid View

Default PICKWICK LAKE, NW Alabama All the fish are dead!!!!!

Well I think they are all dead I couldn't raise one this week no matter what I tried. I tried a couple of days but TVA has been monkeying with the water levels a bunch between Wilson and Pickwick Dams and the places I fish have seen 3 foot plus level changes in a single day, added to the fact that our warm water species still are a little sluggish for the fly. I have to add though that I talked to a local tourney fisherman who had been in an 8 boat tournament that was won by a 29+ pound group of 5. Of course who knows what kind of hardware they used. Maybe when the water gets a little more stable for me. Oh yeah, my younger son just got a new boat, 18.5 Sprint ,w/175 Merc. (He's not a fly=guy.) So much from way up north in Alabama. David

It's been a while since I drug a bait through the TN in the Shoals area. But I remember the discharge from the power plant could be good during colder weather. Doing a slow drift below the dam with a wooly bugger maybe white (heavily weighted) might work also. Just a chance for a world record smalljaw.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread