Thread: Tying Materials... LOTS!!!

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default Tying Materials... LOTS!!!

I am helping a friend move some tying materials he was left from a commercial tyer. I will try to describe the lots as best I can but need to point out the volumes are huge (I have 4 huge tubs of stuff) and I need to move it. Do not be afraid to offer more than I am asking... Or even less! I am breaking it down more than I really want, but almost everything listed is abundant...

Offers involving more stuff will have an advantage!

I will just keep adding and making small posts as I go or I would never get through it all...
    Shipping will be as close to actual cost as can be easily figured. I intend to drop the items in a large manilla envelope and mail First Class. Looks like a 10 ounce envelope across country (mailed as a package) is under $3.00.

Hackles:
    1) Strung coachamn brown saddles- 4" or so... a little light colored for coachman, but the quality looks good. About 1 ounce, 6" sections for $3.00

2) Strung black dyed hackles as above- These look very good.
    About 1 ounce, 6" sections for $3.00

3)Strung medium olive saddles- 6"... These were obviously dyed over brown and have a pronounced brassy/brown tone.
    Same 6" section, but will be over an ounce I believe... $4.00

4) Mostly complete medium dun saddles (I have 4 plus one more a bit darker)... These are nothing like good genetic rooster saddles as they have 4-7" hackles or so, but they are very clean, have a fair amount of light dun chickabu on each, spades and some schlappen. They are about 12" total for the longest several and a bit less for the others. $7.50 each Sold the dark dun

5) Two Black capes (dyed grizzly) One shows a small amount of use, but very little. Should be able to get 16s and even 18s. Barb count is not great and they are a bit stiff, but there are lots of 10-14s. I strongly suspect they are "Pro" grade, but have no paperwork. $15 each

6) Three black capes as above with large spots missing in the 14-16 range. Lots of good smaller and larger hackle. Lots of hackle has been pulled off capes and is in one bag. There is a lot of hackle in the bag and more than could have come from the three capes. $20.00

7) Black dyed saddle (dyed grizzly) heavily used but still has lots of spades, very short (3") dry fly hackles to 12s and maybe smaller, and very nice schlappen $4.00

( Metz #3 natural dun cape. Bald spot where most of the 14 hackles used to be. All of the smaller and larger hackles are here. A few splashes of brown. $10 Sold

9) Metz #3 natural dun as above, but bigger bald spot in same place and no brown. $8.00 SoldPF

10) Metz #3 white cape front end only. This is just the hackles from about 16 on down. There are some 14s and it runs down to about average for the grade... $2.00 SoldPF

11) Chinese rooster necks, two red dun, one light barred ginger, one dyed very dark olive. Typical small necks. They look complete and untouched. $2 each, all 4 for $6.00

I have a visitor, so I will be adding more later.
    thanks for looking!
    art
    Last edited by hap; 03-24-2010 at 04:27 AM.