The weather is just starting to change around here but I had a chance to get out last week--or two weeks ago?? Can't remember. I do know there was still some snow on the ground.
Here are a few pics to keep you thinking ---FISH

Had to walk thru the snow in the parking lot to get into the water..my toes were already cold just thinking about the water

No mater where I turned, it had snow on the banks. Took some time to find the fish. The water was 42 degrees and gin clear

On this side of the bend in the stream, it was a little warmer with the sun but still cold. Then I find the fish. I cast and cast but still no fish. Then I see them sucking a few tiny teeny bugs off the water. Well, on went the #26 grey midge and I floated the fly past some fish and...

BINGO...A fish on top. Little brookie here not waiting for his photo op. Jumped off as it was coming in but his cousins were also interested, so out went the fly again.

I caught more but the camera started to act up. It didn't like the cold and it wasn't impressed with the fish, so I put it inside my jacket for some warmth.

I did pull the camera out to capture some of my friends trying to get in on the action. You can't believe that you drive an hour away from home only to meet a friend or two that also lives close to you---The problem here is that the bank was steep and they slid down onto a log---they rememberd one thing---Save thy rod!!!!and kept them up in the air.
Not a bad day fishing. Catching some trout on top in the cold is always a treat.

Big D