+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Renzetti Presentation 2000 vise

Hybrid View

Default Renzetti Presentation 2000 vise

My original Danvise broke after 8 years of faithful service and my parents want to get me the Renzetti Presentation 2000 vise for my birthday. Is this vice good or should I ask for something different? Have never tied on a Renzetti so just wondering if people like theirs. Thanks.

Just my humble opinion, I don't think you can buy a better vise. I've own the presentatin 4000 for 5yrs and have not found it lacking in any detail. I also own a Regal and it has its place mostly for spinning deer hair and saltwater apps. Every tyer is different but I sure enjoy mine.

I received a presentation 2000 5yrs ago for fathers day, I LOVE it and would highly recommend it. The only problem I have had with it is that I broke the jaws trying to tie too many stainless hooks in it, and it was 100% my fault to try and tie on a hook that big on that vise. I called Renzetti and they shipped a set of jaws to me no questions asked and then called a week later to make sure I received them and that they were alright. I decided to go ahead and order the larger jaws for it then so I did nt have that problem in the future but as of yet I have not tried to tie on any 4/0 hooks so I'm still using the standard jaws. I have tied down to 22 with no issues of hooks movement and with just a little tweak can go straight onto an 8. The base that comes with the table top model is great and super heavy, the only vise I have ever had that will not walk when I am working on bigger flies. GET THE VISE.

Steve

It's the vise that I use the most. It's definitely a very good vise, whether it's the vise that best suits your needs depends on what those needs are. The downside to me is that there's really no good place to rest my left hand, and that if you're using a material clip, it's got to be pretty far away from the hook. Those are real nits; you'd have to spend hundred more to get a better vise.
    Bob

How doe's the 720 Vise stack up against the Renzetti 2000.
    http://www.fly-wheel.net/

Check out (How It Works, at top of web page)
    Last edited by Tony.A; 03-17-2010 at 03:40 AM.
    Keep Flyin & Tyin

The Presentation 2000 is an excellent vise! Can't go wrong there for a lifetime vise. I will make one suggestion though, and one that I make to every person in the hunt for a vise. If you have not tried one yet.....sit down at a desk and tie 2-3 of your favorite patterns with a Regal vise. Then make up your mind. not because the Regal is built any better or a better quality vise. But I have known many folks who have a high end vise, then tie with the Regal, and just HAVE to have one. Based on the jaw mechanism alone. So if you have not tried it yet....I would recommend it....than buy the vise you like the best.

+ Reply to Thread