+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shoulder surgery topic again

Hybrid View

Default Shoulder surgery topic again

I have been diagnosed with a labrum tear. anyone here with similar diagnosis??

Surgery is recommended. Anyone know the "real" recovery time??

LF? Any input here?

I'm sorry to hear you have a problem - at this point I will suggest you ask around and see if anyone you know and trust will recommend a good orthopedist, get a 2nd opinion before you have any surgery. I've had 3 rotator cuff surgeries and they had to inplant some cadaver material to sew onto the last time. That was over a year ago and I'm still on pain meds and I doubt if I could cast anything more than a 5 wt for very long.
    I know I'll never fish for bonz again. They used a pain pump on the 1st surgery, it malfunctioned and flooded my internal shoulder with stuff and it got infected and didn't heal properly...like I said I'm recovering for the 3rd try. Over 3 years at this point. I'm told I should have the other shoulder done. Don't think so.
    LF

Thanks Ladyfisher, I'm going to do some more investigation.

Not sure why this was moved. Just wanted to know when I could get back to fly casting after surgery?
    Last edited by soloman; 03-17-2010 at 03:55 PM.

Boy this is scary. Sorry to hear you have had such miserable terrible trouble with it LF.
    I have probs with both rotator cuffs. Not too bad...but always there. Worse in cold weather or if I do hard work.
    Above report is not too re-assuring that you can just always go to a doc and get something fixed in your body.

I wonder if it always degrades to where you need surgery? Of if the exercises they recommend will strengthen and keep the pain away.....and therefore surgery?

good luck Soloman....hope you have great results.

Jim

On how long before you can fish - my surgeon is a fly fisherman and forbid me to fish the last week in Sept when I had the surgery in Jan.
    But that one as botched, over all I fished on the spring creek in Montana and in the Park with a 5 weight this summer without too much grief...that is the first fishing since I had the first surgery, that's 3 bloody years.

+ Reply to Thread