+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It begins....

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default It begins....

I have never seen a foot of ice disappear so fast. DBY we had ice. Today I went fishing.

Now, I should like you all to line up and collectively kick me in my collective butt. Had a good one on. Between the wind and a really subtle "take" I just really never got a good hook set on her. I still may have made it but she got around about three old dead lily pad stems and just spit it out. Oh well. I was going to let her go anyway.

This was my first open-water fish of 2010. 17" - Not too fancy but a start. Ended up with 6 and this was the biggest. Felt goooood.

"Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Nice, Glad you got out.
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

gotta get down to the pond, gotta get down to the pond...

thanks for the reminder

.....so, the therapy worked; the shacknasties went away......?

Jim

Blog Entries

I'm pretty lucky in that I have so danged many hobbies I don't get the "nasties" too badly. (My wife does ). As I said - I was icefishng until last Saturday. Going to try a different place this afternoon.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Cold Guest

The bass have yet to wake up on the little slice of heaven that is a small pond near my home (that, as far as I know, I'm the onl yone with permission to fish).

Pulled several gills out from the time there was at least a 20 foot circle of open water until two days ago...but only seen one bass so far.

My goal for that pond, this year, is to land one of the 5-6 carp in there that look to run every bit of 7-8 lbs...on a 3 or 4wt.

What did you catch that one on? Looks like fish entrails from here...

Blog Entries

lol... yeah, a Bunny Leech is a lot prettier dry than wet.

Caught 9 yesterday but nothing over about 2 1/2#. Good luck on the carp. I've only hooked one and didn't get it landed. I also plan to fool around with the grassys some this year.

Going to a place this afternoon with potential for a "big" bass bite. Also some big walleye in there. Never caught a marble eye on the fly. But, I can't catch them from the couch.

+ Reply to Thread