+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LEAVING - Ladyfisher - March 15,2010

Blog Entries

Default LEAVING - Ladyfisher - March 15,2010

LEAVING

I'm REALLY going to miss the good stuff about living in the Pacific Northwest, but I have to admit when we moved here from Montana I was very grateful not to be up to my nose in the cold white stuff. I was willing to trade that for the ?not so cold wet stuff? you don't have to shovel. I think I lived long enough to regret that choice. Some people who live in Montana avoid the cold white stuff by going to Arizona in the winter.

Deanna,
    It must be hard to leave your home of twenty years. I wish you the very best. I guess no place is perfect. I'm thinking of moving out west, maybe to Missoula, but the thought of all that snow scares me.
    Randy

LF,

Trust me, we know what to do with all of your water...we are using it to fill our reservoirs after 3 years of you people hoarding the stuff.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Not hoarding. Not. Really!
    Hugs,
    LF

Where ever you live LF, I know the suroundings will benifit from just your presents in it...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

I traded the snow of Alaska for traffic in Miami...at times I think to myself that I must be insane but right now it is 50 degrees out and as cold as it has ever been here...much better than the -40 degrees than I know so well...still there is something about it

For those interested,,,,Rock Springs doesn't get much snow, it usually blows away!! Oh yea, that "W" word, it lives here year round, I keep forgetting that. Oh, and it does get cold, that "w" word doesn't help that either! I guess my suggestion isn't so great after all.
    Wyo-Blizzard

so.....I've been out of the loop for awhile...is the quickly remarried LF done with FAOL?....sold out?...who runs the show now?...sorry...been trying to upgrade from land line to wireless via a hub for everything & not real smooth transition....just curious
    ...so many boo rods, so many trout....do I have enough time?...

Gee Skeet you really missed out. My "quickly married" husband was Best Man when Castwell and I married in 1972. His late wife Bonnie was my Maid of Honor. After Castwell died and I began to realize what horrible shape I was in financially (like a quarter of a million in debt) I absolutely panicked. I called Trav again (I had called him from the Bahamas when Jim died) I was in absolute terror. He made my promise not to do anything, not anything, until he got here. He drove to Bozeman and took the first plane to Seattle, rented a car and was here the next morning. He told me he would take care of everything including me. I have known this man for 40 years and I would trust him with my life - oh, I guess I did, I married him.
    Right now Trav is putting together every issue of FAOL. He is running it. (Trav was Editor for the Anglers Journal magazine published out of Livingston some years ago.) I write my column, tend to the email and Bulletin Board, do the billing and try and get either old sponsors to pay their bill or bring new sponsors.
    In the meantime, Ron Tidd is trying to get the site changed over to more modern technology (we're in our 13th year, a little behind the technology)and upgrade our look, in his 'spare time.
    We will be moving to Montana, leave date is April 28th. To be rather blunt, Montana is a much better address for anything fly fishing related than Washington is. They have trout there, real trout streams and 50 miles south of Livingston is Yellowstone National Park.
    FAOL will continue, just from fly fishing country USA, Livingston Montana.
    Did you get that Skeet? Stay tuned, you just never know...
    Hugs,
    LadyFisher
    Last edited by LadyFisher; 03-22-2010 at 12:52 AM.

fair enough.....
    ...so many boo rods, so many trout....do I have enough time?...

+ Reply to Thread