Jim, Looks like we are on the same page. As you know I also have the Albright Spey outfit. 14' 9/10. I have used mine on the Grande Ronde for steelhead and also on the Rogue for steelhead. Both I think have been overkill for my outfit but it was more for practice and to get out on the water than anything. Found out I need to watch the videos more, practice more and get a lesson. I will be taking my outfit to the WA and ID Fish-ins with a lawn leader and get in some practice and maybe some tips from those in the know. VEE, REE? The ID Fish-in I may even get that lesson at the Red Shed while there. Who knows.

As far as fishing the beaches I personally think the Spey would be perfect. The Spey rod can also be backcast and I think that would work just fine for a Spey when you can't get a good anchor point for the spey cast. I was thinking, if you want to do some research and maybe even get some help from our friends here, we could plan a meeting somewhere midway and hit the beaches. I have a place to stay in Gold Beach and the possibly a place for a friend if I ask really nice. If you're interested, or anyone for that matter, let me know and let's start doing some research and planning.

How about this? A Left Coast Beach Fish-In someday. Maybe that should be in its own thread.

Jerry