+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pacific Ocean in a Kayak? Wow....How about my 8' boat?

Sorry Gemrod, my reply was for Kayaking and not an 8' boat. The PO up in Orthoman area (Eureka) is very rough and not for the faint of heart, but there are place near your son between Jenner and Fort Ross that are calm. I scuba dived the area for years using a dive board (10' long, low profile, narrow with storage hatch that you ride on top). Call KING'S SPORT & TACKLE in GUERNEVILLE 16258 MAIN STREET 95446 (707)869-2156. They should have info for you. As always, be sure someone knows your plans if you are going out alone. It would be wise if you bring someone along with knowledge of the area. Like Orthoman said, that part of the CA coast can and is dangerous so be prepared and stay in the sheltered areas.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Tyrone and Orthoman,
    thanks again for the great ino. was not aware....or hadn't thought of the hypothermia situation. Last time I swam in the ocean was down arould Los Angeles in the 50's.

I have been looking for RV spots in Guerniville already. So nice to get the shop information. I went to spend Christmas with my son. Wasn't sure I could afford it. So...didn't go till two days after Christmas. But spent a nice week up there. I love it up there. I feel better and breathe better on the ocean side of the mountain range...especially Rohnert Park and the coast and north...Bodega Bay...etc. But wow what the cost of housing or camping is!

+ Reply to Thread