+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Korkers reviews?

Default Korkers reviews?

Anyone using Korkers inter-changeable sole boots? Likes? Dislikes?

I am about to pull the trigger on a pair and wanted to see what you all thought.
    ----------------
    Wayne
    Trout, Bass, Carp, Whatever!
    http://flynut.wordpress.com

I got a cheap pair of the older style ones about two years ago (something like $50 discontinued at Sierra Trading Post). I have used them maybe 100 times as felts, felts plus studs, and lugs. They have worked fine and the tops and bottoms look like new. The one issue is the old velcro closure system is starting to give some problems. They pack with mud or snow and start letting go. They also catch lines at times. These problems seems to have been addressed in the new designs. I would likely do them again except if you are not allowed to use felts anymore you might as well get boots with lugs.

David

I had the old style, and agree that the velcro thing gave issues. Also have the new style. The velcro thing is no longer an issue. They also changed the inserts which makes them much less likely to slip out. Very happy with mine.

Kevin

Cold Guest

Got a pair 2 years ago. Lace closure. I love mine, but I dont really take out the felt soles either, so I cant really comment on that. They have never ever had their soles come loose on me. I may get a pair of studded felt soles to replace these...which are getting worn out.

also bought pair on sierra on close out for 34.00-love them have 5 diff.soles have had them almost 3 yrs.-no problems what so ever??

I have 4 pairs and hubby 2 - the only problem I had with mine was the sole pulling out, and solved that by putting a screw through the sole into the bottom of the boot, and used them 2 years since. Happy camper.

I have the Torrents and have had nothing but good luck with them. I really like being able to only have to pack the soles when I go to a river that requires some hiking instead of having to pack an extra pair of boots.

Also what are the differences between the Streamborn model and the less expensive Cross Current?
    Thanks,
    Randy

I have the newer guide model boots and I love them. I don't change the soles very often, but they're great when I need to.

I use the rubber soles with the studs most of the time. I haven't had any problems with mine. And I would say that I've had them for about 2 years.

Be sure to buy them a little big.

I've had a pair for over a year and really like them. In addition to the interchangeable sole, they are the most comfortable and easy on/off boots I've owned. Pull the trigger.

+ Reply to Thread